Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22 - Art Project 2012

Start of a winter spread in my garden themed journal - Work in Progress.
I'm following along with Tracie Lyn Huskamp as she creates a Garden Journal this year... check out her blog. She's doing some tutorials on it throughout this year.
I started with an old field journal from the 1940's - mostly unused so lot's of clear pages (I snagged this one in a free book box at a book sale), adding Absorbant Ground to the pages. I did a light blue wash of watercolor, dotting some away with paper towels, and then stamped the corners with a snow flake stamp in pale blue. This picture doesn't show it well at all. 
I sprayed this page with watercolor (for another project) and used the paint from the snowflakes I'd used as a mask to add shapes to the page (top picture).  

1 comment: